SPPGers are hitting the airwaves! Six alumni and one current student of the School are producing a one-hour talk radio show about the public policy issues that drive debates in our Canadian discourse.
Beyond the Headlines airs Wednesdays from 9:00 – 10:00 a.m. on CIUT 89.5 FM in Toronto, and podcasts at http://www.ciut.fm/index.php/shows-2/beyond-the-headlines/. The aim of the program is to provide a greater understanding and thoughtful discussion of the various policy issues behind our daily news headlines.
The production team is comprised of Caitlin Cassie, Dennis Lee, Adam Kowalczewski, Raj Singh, Rex Law, Ernest Chong and Margaret Cappa.
Join us for the upcoming line-up of shows!
Check out our topics and guests below:
Sept. 5, 2012: Funding Sport in a time of Fiscal Austerity
- Peter Donnelly, Director of Centre for Sport Policy Studies, U of T
- Doug MacQuarrie, CEO, Canadian Centre of Ethics in Sport
- Peter Van Wynsberge, Olympic Games Impact Study, UBC
- Jim Jones, Councilor, City of Markham (Pan/Para Pan Am Games Planning)
Sept. 12, 2012: Multiculturalism Policy and Diversity Management
- Keith Banting, Queen’s University
- Ritu Bhasin, Diversity Strategist
- Saeed Selvam, Community and Civic Leader
Sept. 19, 2012: City Building and Place-Making
- Mitzie Hunter, CEO, Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance
- Richard Joy, VP Toronto Board of Trade
- Andre Sorensen, Professor of Urban Geography and Planning, U of T