Senior Manager, Research and Statistics, Investment Funds Institute of Canada. Apply ASAP.
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) is the trade association and voice of Canada’s investment funds industry. Founded in 1962, our members are fund managers, distributors and industry service organizations.
IFIC’s Research and Statistics Department is responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction in the creation and communication of research and the maintenance and enhancement of statistics in support of the Institute`s role as representative voice of the investment funds industry.
We are looking for a high energy individual with excellent analytical, writing, presentation and management skills interested in taking on a policy-related research and leadership role. Reporting to the Director of Research and Statistics, the Senior Manager, Research and Statistics is responsible for the creation, direction, execution and dissemination of research related to the policy objectives of the Institute, and the collection, dissemination, communication and enhancement of the Institute’s mutual funds statistics.
- Develop and implement a detailed research plan to support key Institute strategic positions;
- Contribute to the development, in conjunction with industry committees and policy staff, of policy positions, technical submissions, proposals and strategies;
- Provide evidence-based materials and discussion documents for policy discussions with regulators, member associations, and other associations;
- Manage external parties conducting research on behalf of the Institute;
- Review, analyze and provide commentary on domestic and global academic and public opinion research on industry-related topics;
- Actively contribute to the development and execution of communication plans for all research;
- Serve as research spokesperson for public presentations, media interviews and briefings of key stakeholders;
- Manage the Institute’s collection, dissemination and communication of mutual fund sales statistics;
- Look for opportunities to enhance the statistical data points, and respond effectively to member needs and requests;
- Raise the level of awareness and understanding of Institute staff regarding sales trends and all factors that influence fund flows;
- Manage the Institute’s outside suppliers on any statistical matters;
- Identify and develop opportunities to leverage internal and external databases;
- Provide effective direct staff liaison support to IFIC committees;
- Ensure all committees related to statistics and research are provided with appropriate work plans, agendas and secretariat services;
- Provide direction and leadership to direct reports, including the creation of objectives, and staff reviews; and
- Develop a network of and engage in regular dialogue with counterparts at regulatory organizations, trade associations and other stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in policy-making arm of government, financial services association, research organization or think tank, relating to the development of policy for financial services, preferably in the investment funds industry.
- Excellent research, analytical and communication skills.
- Persuasive presentation skills – must demonstrate capabilities as a media spokesperson and effective public speaker.
- Creative problem solver with ability to take a proactive and creative approach.
- Experienced team leader who involves, coaches and develops others
- Effective project management skills to strongly guide and complete projects on time.
- Graduate degree in a related area such as Economics, Political Science, or Business, or Law degree meeting requirements to practice.
- In depth knowledge of the investment funds and/or securities industry.
- Knowledge of French an asset
Please send your resume and covering letter to:
and reference “IFIC Research Position” in the subject line.